Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Giving Thanks for Work in Hawaii

Day 1

We landed late yesterday on the Island of Oahu. It was raining and dark, so we really didn't land in any grand style or have any spectacular arrival. It was a super long 12 hour flight and we were tired and it was raining. Yuk.

With the time change, I was up before the sun, so I sat on our balcony and watched the sunrise and was treated to quite a show. The colors are amazing here. When Jason and Jade woke up, we went for a drive to do some exploring (after the Paris incident of Jason telling me I plan too much, I left this one entirely unplanned). Along the road we saw a sign for a scenic overlook...
What a view.  Pictures just don't do it justice.  I kept telling Jason, I came to Hawaii thinking we've been to islands before, how different can it be from the Caribbean.  Well, it's VERY different.  The most naturally beautiful place I've ever been.  We stopped at a shimp car for lunch
Then hit a beach we stumbled across while driving.  The undertow was really strong, so Jason had to really keep on top of Jade, and we later found out that this was the famous North Shore of Hawaii, the surfing mecca of the world.  Just amazing.  There was this cliff off to the side that I walked to with people jumping into the water.  (Not for me.)
the road we saw the beach from


crazy jumpers!


No comments:

Post a Comment