Thursday, June 4, 2015

A Quick Trip to Paris

Since Jason was in Paris working the French Open and had a weekend off, I thought I'd skip out and join him for a bit.  I had a big conference to work on while over there, so on Thursday and Friday, while Jason was working at Roland Garros, I would find myself a little cafe like this one to work.  I would get some wifi and some tea, and get work done.


Sometimes, though, I'd have the need to get up and stretch my legs, so I would need to walk a bit and sometimes found myself in shoe stores.  Did you know Louboutin shoes are cheaper in Paris?  They are.  I sat down and asked them to bring me shoes that I could not get in the US in a size 40 - 40.5 and they did...  and I bought me some ;)

Sorry for the bad pic, but this was the original Christian Louboutin store in Paris
I also passed by some beautiful parks, sculptures and art in my walks between cafes, all pictures are from my phone, so I'm sorry it's not great quality.

Check out this lady's shoes!  

The bathroom door at one of my cafe's

Gallery window

Luxembourg Gardens and Palace

Then, when Jason was finished with work (usually around 4:30-5pm), we would meet and go grab dinner somewhere.  The first night, that somewhere happened to be under the window of the apartment we stayed in last time we were here 10 years ago!

On Saturday, Jason was off from work, so we spent the day just wandering and eating.

Notre Dame

Arc de Triomphe
A
Eiffel Tower as seen from the tip of the Arc de Triomphe

Eiffel Tower

Galette
 Then we made our way to Montmartre for dinner and to watch the sunset over Paris.






I was quite tired, so we called it a night, then in the morning I headed home!  Talk about a quick trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment