Monday, August 3, 2009

Wild, Wild West

Day 1: Yellowstone
§ Landed in Billings at 5:30
§ Drove 3 hours to Yellowstone
Hi all! Apparently there is no internet service anywhere in Yellowstone proper, but tomorrow we will drive out 5 miles to Gardiner, MT to do a white water rafting trip, so I’ll stop in coffee shop to send this. After the rafting, we’ll be heading back into the park to stay for two more nights, then we’ll be heading to Cody, WY on our way to Sheridan for the wedding. I’ll keep typing the next couple of nights and just post it all on Thursday evening. After that, we’ll have Internet service every night. Unfortunately, I forgot the hook up from my camera to the computer, so I’ll have to post pictures when I get one, I’ll try to find one once we get out of the park.
Well, already we’ve pulled over to the side of the road to take pictures of mule deer and a beautiful stream along the side of the road. Really, Jade couldn’t be more excited about this trip. She’s been giggling so much it’s like she’s 5 again. She’s informed us that this is one of the many places she’s always wanted to go and she can’t believe she’s here. The kid’s been to Hawaii, Paris, the Caribbean, and countless cities across America, but at Yellowstone National Park has her giddy with happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment