Friday, March 21, 2014

Our Sailing Adventures

When I was growing up, I sailed quite often with my family.  Frequent family vacations consisted of a week sailing the Chesapeake or Rhode Island.  I loved being on the water and learned how to work a sailboat from a great friend of the family who raced sailboats.  I loved it.

When Jason and I first dated, I told him we should go sailing, he said no...  When we got married, I tried to plan sailing trips, he said no... When we had our 5th wedding anniversary, I asked if we could sail for part of it, he said no...  Then for our 10th anniversary, Jason decided to try sailing.  We did a 10 day trip sailing the Caribbean and he was so nervous about it.  He worried he would get sea sick, that he would be bored on the boat, that he wouldn't be able to sleep.  He worried about a lot of things, but I knew he needed to just do it and he'd love it.  Once again, I was right.


There's no getting bored when you can make all kinds of amazing stops to hike, swim, dine, etc.



Jason loved sailing so much, we immediately started planning our next sailing trip to the Greek Islands and Turkish Coast.

Kaputas Beach, Turkey

Mediterranean Sea, Turkish Coast


We also signed up to join a sailing club when we moved to downtown Philadelphia.  Look for posts on both of those to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment