Monday, September 3, 2018

Girls Trip to Morocco

Day 3
Atlas Mountains

Today is the first day of our trek into the Sahara, Jade’s most highly anticipated part of the whole trip. Our guides picked us up at our hotel and packed us into their 4x4 Toyota and we were off for the 10 hour journey!

We drove through an interesting and varied landscape, with cacti, olive trees, palm trees, desert, Berber villages, nomads moving their herd of camels, goat herders tending to their flock on the mountainside, rivers, mountains, forests, golf courses, donkeys carrying goods, mopeds puttering along, and so much more I’m forgetting.







It was a long journey, and I started to really long for our hotel the last hour. I didn’t know what to expect, we paid for the top tier (luxury) accommodations, but here in the mountains, who knows what that could mean. In Yellowstone, the fanciest place in the whole park was really probably 3 stars. Well, was I wrong! We showed up to this place and it’s amazing. It kind of reminds me of Gocek the first time we went there. Calming, beautiful, relaxed, elegant. I love it here. I would come back here and do lots of hiking and rock climbing, it's beautiful! I'll take pictures of the hotel tomorrow before we leave.

Oh! The candlelit 5 course dinner included in our trip was superb, too!

Tomorrow we head into the Sahara! Our first time in a legit desert (Las Vegas, Utah and Palm Springs don’t count).

No comments:

Post a Comment